Anyone use StumbleUpon?

ideaGENERATORideaGENERATOR Posts: 4subscriber
edited July 2007 in Marketing
I know stumbleUpon.com works well to generate traffic with humor and gaming sites... has anyone had success with their business or anything comparable? ideaGENERATOR2007-7-19 22:55:8

Comments

• iouone2iouone2 Posts: 14subscriber
    Actually ideaGENERATOR... I mentioned this in an earlier post titled, "Stumble Upon a good thing!" Stumble Upon still shows good results for me considering it took about two seconds to be added to the database! I still use Stumble Upon the `channel surf.`
  • CopelandCopeland Posts: 1subscriber
    I enjoy StumbleUpon, education sites seem to come up a lot, and I`ve heard friends say they`ve had decent success with it. I think as more people use it more and more, it will only increase in usefulness.

Copeland
    ... You can set up your profile to display specific site types. For example I like to stumble onto art, science, and humor. Then there are usually sub categories in that. It`s great. I still love stumbling... I have been doing it all my life, now I can do it online!
  • JeannieJeannie Posts: 8subscriber
    My site had alot of traffic when it first got posted. It did generated business for me, but it soon tapered off after a while.  But that`s just in my case. Maybe, some others had more success with it.
    JeannieJeannie2007-7-20 20:57:18
  • ideaGENERATORideaGENERATOR Posts: 4subscriber
    Actually ideaGENERATOR... I mentioned this in an earlier post titled, "Stumble Upon a good thing!" Stumble Upon still shows good results for me considering it took about two seconds to be added to the database! I still use Stumble Upon the `channel surf.`

Sorry I missed your post.  I responded there as well.  I got the impression people were having a hard time implementing  SU into thier website.  A few got some traffic, but have a hard time finding targeted traffic. 

I really believe you need a humor or game site to find beneficial visitors through SU.  Only because there are a million people surfing those categories.  People seem to use it more for entertainment, then reasearch.  However, if you do have something beneficial to offer - those can get stumbled easier then just the main page of your business website.  People use it successfully on their blogs and that is how - providing a beneficial article.ideaGENERATOR2007-7-20 17:4:43

ideaGENERATOR
    ... It`s no problem at all, I am glad you brought the subject up again. I like StumbleUpon!