WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Look What Happens when you are inside looking out

tankeytankey subscriber Posts: 11
edited September 2007 in Marketing
Hi,In regards to my previous post, "Please Critique My Survey Introduction", it was recently brought to my attention that my business may deal with some sort of "adult industry" or scam.  As strange as this may sound, it did not even occur to me that the intro to my survey read that way .  My business is actually regarding gifts and I am doing research on gift purchasing habits.  I was initially looking for people 18 and older to take the survey for two reasons:1.  I figured people 18 and older are typically the ones purchasing gifts2.  There was a demographic question that asked about sexual orientation because I wanted precise statistics of the population taking the survey.  In case anyone was offended by such a question, I wanted everyone participating in the survey  to be at least 18   After it was pointed out to me that my intro sounded "suspicious", I took the whole "18 and older" statement out and decided to solicit people under 18 to take the survey as well.  I realized those under 18 purchase gifts, even though many use their parents` money to do so. I also did  away with the demographic question of sexual orientation, realizing it has little to nothing to do with purchasing gifts.  It really does help to have a different set of eyes to look over something and give feedback.