Logo Research / poll

mattadamsmattadams Posts: 2subscriber
edited April 2008 in Marketing
So I have this client, who has a logo. A bad one. But they think its great.
So I am conducting a survey of different markets to get what they think this logo is.

http://factor1.wufoo.com/forms/client-l ... tartup_biz

i know its lame, but I want to really track and report this for my client.

mattadams4/18/2008 7:11 PM

Comments

• vwebworldvwebworld Posts: 40subscriber
    The logo on its own is hard to determine a connection, but with an associated company name or tagline it might make more sense.
  • stonesledgestonesledge Posts: 8subscriber
    I answered the survey, hope it helped:)
  • AnilaoAnilao Posts: 2subscriber
    Umm, the Logo,
    What is it (supposed to be)?

In the survey I answered Boat Sailing Club, but then I thought it said
    it ressembles a boat.

• LogoMotivesLogoMotives Posts: 15subscriber
    As I mention in my book "Identity Crisis!" a designer should "never tell a client that their logo sucks."  However, I do think your survey to get the impression of others about what the logo represents is a good idea.  One of the most difficult things to get clients to do is to step away from what THEY think will best represent a business and give consideration to what will best identity a business/organization to the target audience.
    The example you presented in just a bit "swooshy" - something often associated with the "logo hell" of early dot.coms.  The basic concept of a cross being created by a shadow is somewhat good - although not necessarily new - but poorly executed.
    Good luck - J.
  • mattadamsmattadams Posts: 2subscriber
    Thanks guys. Yes, this logo has horrible direction. I agree to never tell a client that their logo sucks. We had a brief discussions about concerns with target audience. So I plan on using this survey to show them the results, and what we would do about it. 
    This client has 3 distinct target audiences. and this logo targets one to.I don`t think a logo has to fully represent what a company does (see Shell, Mercedes, BMW, Chevy), I do think it should look good and appeal to all audiences. And no, seeing the name would not have helped determine what they do. So far less than 2& of people got it correct. Our of 60+ so far, thats not good.