WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Logo Research / poll

mattadamsmattadams subscriber Posts: 2
edited April 2008 in Marketing
So I have this client, who has a logo. A bad one. But they think its great.
So I am conducting a survey of different markets to get what they think this logo is.

http://factor1.wufoo.com/forms/client-l ... tartup_biz

i know its lame, but I want to really track and report this for my client.

mattadams4/18/2008 7:11 PM

Comments

• vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    The logo on its own is hard to determine a connection, but with an associated company name or tagline it might make more sense.
  • stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    I answered the survey, hope it helped:)
  • AnilaoAnilao subscriber Posts: 2
    Umm, the Logo,
    What is it (supposed to be)?

In the survey I answered Boat Sailing Club, but then I thought it said
    it ressembles a boat.

• LogoMotivesLogoMotives subscriber Posts: 15
    As I mention in my book "Identity Crisis!" a designer should "never tell a client that their logo sucks."  However, I do think your survey to get the impression of others about what the logo represents is a good idea.  One of the most difficult things to get clients to do is to step away from what THEY think will best represent a business and give consideration to what will best identity a business/organization to the target audience.
    The example you presented in just a bit "swooshy" - something often associated with the "logo hell" of early dot.coms.  The basic concept of a cross being created by a shadow is somewhat good - although not necessarily new - but poorly executed.
    Good luck - J.
  • mattadamsmattadams subscriber Posts: 2
    Thanks guys. Yes, this logo has horrible direction. I agree to never tell a client that their logo sucks. We had a brief discussions about concerns with target audience. So I plan on using this survey to show them the results, and what we would do about it. 
    This client has 3 distinct target audiences. and this logo targets one to.I don`t think a logo has to fully represent what a company does (see Shell, Mercedes, BMW, Chevy), I do think it should look good and appeal to all audiences. And no, seeing the name would not have helped determine what they do. So far less than 2& of people got it correct. Our of 60+ so far, thats not good.