WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Texas Fee`s & Licenses

curbisidecurbiside subscriber Posts: 3
New business owner looking for some info.

Im starting a door2door company and will be collecting money at the door.  $5 will goes towards a charity of there choice.  The rest will be profit and supplies money.

I figured i would like to start by getting a DBA before i get a LLC, cause i really dont know how i will preform and if the company will profit or not.  I just want something to prove that i run a legit business so if they ask or if a cop stops me i would have documentation.  I will have soliciting permits already, so i know about those.

I will be making receipts as well for all customers.

I would like to know would a DBA be enough coverage for this to start ?

Does anyone know what DBA fee`s are in Texas ?

What office would i get a DBA from ?

Would i need a license to collect charity money as well ? 

I will be offering a service, and $5 is a incentive for the consumer!

I have a huge list of questions to ask, but these are the ones i would like to get out of the way first.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    LSnyderLSnyder subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Curbside,
    I think you may benefit from speaking to my employer, Daniel Pepper.  He is an intellectual property lawyer and this is one of his specialty fields.  Take a look at our website; www.informationlaw.com</A> 
    If you need to speak with someone give me a call at the office 908.698.0330 and we can set up an appointment for you to speak to Dan for a 1/2 hour free consultation.
    Lisa Snyder
    [url=mailto:lisa@in&#102;ormationlaw.com]lisa@informationlaw.com[/url]</A>
    Pepper Law Group, LLC