WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Funding for fantastic ideas

innovaiteinnovaite subscriber Posts: 2
edited November 2007 in New Member Welcome
hi, my name is mark and i`m new to this site. I have some fantastic ideas but, need funding
or assistance in the patent/development department. Can anybody help?

Comments

• Options
    GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    Hello Mark and Welcome to the board!!

There are a lot more (free) steps to take before you jump into the patent department.  Make sure you do your preliminary patent search to insure you`re infringing on someone else`s IP  (That`s free and should take you a few weeks)  I thought my eyes were going to pop out of my head by the time it was all over!

Then, can you make a preliminary prototype inexpensively?  What genre is your invention?  I know you said you have "some" fantastic ideas and that`s well... fantastic, but brining an invention to market (or even licensing it) take tons of time and energy.  I would learn the ropes the first time around with the simplest idea w/ the most mass market appeal.  Then once you`ve got that one under your belt, the rest will be easy.... well.... easier!  Very Best of Luck!
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice.                                 
  • Options
    Thanks again for the advice. Please excuse the brevity of my previous post! I`m having trouble putting together a prototype simply due the fact that I have limited space/resources. In fact I have no space in the house (shared) to begin to start beavering away at all hours perfecting my creations. My inventions cover multiple genres, including leisure and baby products. I`m afraid I`m one of those people who has ideas for inventions almost on a daily basis, and this is a source of frustration. However, I will take your advice and concentrate on the simpler ones and hopefully I will soon have one under my belt. Thanks again.