WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Need feedback on my website

FitHeadMarkFitHeadMark subscriber Posts: 1
edited March 2009 in Website Critique

I`m a new member and corporate escapee. I need some
constructive criticism on www.FitHeads.com. Specifically - what you don`t
like - what would keep you from buying. (We`re getting decent traffic in our
tests, but little conversion). Happy to get positive input too.

A little background: I and my partner (another escapee)
have developed a process and product (The FitHeads System) that we believe will
be an important part of the solution to our health crisis. It really works at
motivating people to commit to - and live - a healthier lifestyle. But in our
tests so far we haven`t found the formula to get people to buy. Need the
benefit of your wisdom.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Comments

• FitHeadMarkFitHeadMark subscriber Posts: 1

Thanks for all the input, folks. Very helpful. We`ll do some rethinking. To answer the questions raised:

You`re right doodlink - the body-mind connection is key. We need to bring that out more strongly. This is a product that helps people change their thinking so that they can stick with a fitness program. Only 8% of people who start any type of exercise program succeed. Usually the reasons for failure are psychological, and we address them all.

This product can benefit anyone who needs to get more movement to live a longer, healthier life, but our initial focus is boomers because we see the greatest need there. i.e. you`ve got two 50-year-olds at the same level of "unfitness". One recognizes that he/she must do something and integrates more movement into their life. The other continues with the same unhealthy habits. 10 years later the first is looking at another 20-30 years of healthy living, the second has one foot in the grave.

• WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    I agree with the above statements. It`s a nice look, but looks only go so far ( must by why I`m in a rut ).
    1) The page is too long. I lose interest after scrolling so much.
    2) As Imortal said, the first thing that struck me was how it has the "get-rich-quick" feel to it. Not good at all.
    3) 4 times on your main page you have the product image with the buy now/add to cart option. To me, this is way too pushy.
  • banzaibertbanzaibert subscriber Posts: 0
    Lessen the bullets in your content. Your site is very clean and nice but it`s not that attractive, maybe add a little bit more graphics. Just a little bit, don`t overdo it.