WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

live entertainment funding

malqemalqe subscriber Posts: 1
edited October 2007 in Startup Funding
how would i be able to get funding for a concert promotion company, i`ve looked online at different grant companies, venture capitalism companies and i`ve checked with small business administrations but have not found any resources that could point me in the right direction.  I have a business plan ready, so if you can help me please let me know.
Malcolm - Inhouse Promotions

Comments

• Options
    robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member

how would i be able to get funding for a concert promotion company, i`ve looked online at different grant companies, venture capitalism companies and i`ve checked with small business administrations but have not found any resources that could point me in the right direction.  I have a business plan ready, so if you can help me please let me know.
    Malcolm - Inhouse Promotions

Malcolm,
    There are many approaches to acquiring capital - depending upon the specific situation. To begin -
    1. How much capital are you seeking?
    2.  What "type" of capital do you prefer - (debt or equity)?

• Options
    malqemalqe subscriber Posts: 1
    am looking for 300 k
    am looking for investors like the angel group  or preivate  investors
  • Options
    LtresselLtressel subscriber Posts: 3
    Hey Malcolm,Jennifer is right regarding VC or investors. They would want to see that you are already operational and making money already or with a "portfolio" of events put together already.  They like to minimize their risks.Grants are for noble causes-research, education, and innovation.  Mostly, these things are not accessible for entertainment.  You can take a crack at getting some business loans through SBA. The process is tedious but if you are persistent, you just might be able to get something.  Sometimes, you can get lucky meeting people in business mixers who might be looking to partner up with people who are ready to go and have decent proposals.  Attend as many as you can and mingle.  Persistence and attendance of these events may just give you a chance to meet someone who would listen to your proposal.LT
  • Options
    robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Malcolm,
    While it is true that having revenue is a big plus to many investors - the lack of it is by no means a "show stopper".
    Where lenders want to see an "ability to repay", most investors (equity) want to be comfortable that the "team" has what it takes to execute the plan.