WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Stripe a parking lot.

americanstripingamericanstriping subscriber Posts: 1
edited January 2008 in Selecting a Business
Parking lot striping. Yes...yellow lines that tell us where to park...I paint those using 2 parking lot line striping machines. Now I`ll teach you.
Parking lot striping is always listed in those "best businesses to start" listings. I agree.
In my area it would cost about $400.00 to Re-stripe a parking lot that had 150 cars and a stencil or two.
The job would take 2-3 hours and paint would cost $90.00. I made 30K in my 3rd Summer.
If there weren`t any stripes and I had to Layout the parking lot and then stripe it...I would invoice = bill $600.00. The job would take 3-4 hours and paint would still cost $90.00. I made 60K in my 4th Summer. I took Winter off.
Look into this business...it`s not too expensive to start...but just specialized enough to keep most people from trying...but not me...or you.
Dan Zurcher
American Striping Co.
Columbus OH

www.americanstriping.com

americanstriping1/16/2008 8:45 PM

Comments

• Options
    holycowcreativeholycowcreative subscriber Posts: 1
    Here`s an interesting niche of your niche. http://www.parkingstripe.com/
  • Options
    americanstripingamericanstriping subscriber Posts: 1
    I see those ads...but mostly I see negative comments...i.e. can`t wait to do a burn out.
    That being said..they could be wrong. I went to the link as a contractor wanting to know more and possibly offering the service. If I missed the opportunity to find that...well...I couldn`t find it. Beyond that..as a striper...running a car over the ad to apply it seems time consuming...also if I paid to advertise...when will Home Depot be Re-striping the lot and thus cover my ad forever?...will they come off?...and blow around the lot?
    I know you`re a thinker and you want more than a bobble head surrounding you saying yup yup great idea..so try this...a parking lot striping forum...see what others in my field think...not that we`re the be all do all...but here`s another thought I had...my paint reacts with some existing paints and will blister the underlying...will the next Re-stripe react and blister the film? after 1 hour...will it then come off and take the new paint too? I would still want paid from Home Depot and make sure they realize the risk is their`s. Anyhow...it does look interesting...but...I would hate to give the proverbial thumbs up and show feigned interest and then have you sink time and money into something...moreover, I really hope I`m wrong...if this is your product...I hope it takes off...if it`s a product you`re representing...and some of these things I`ve mentioned are comin up...well...I mean no harm...Good luck.
    americanstriping1/15/2008 5:42 PM
  • Options
    jkspaintingjkspainting subscriber Posts: 0
    How much would you bid on making a parking lot have striping a football field for the band to practice on?
  • Options
    infinique1infinique1 subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    This is a wonderful way of making money. It must be really fun.