WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Starting up a business, not knowing what to do

WickedBWickedB subscriber Posts: 1
edited June 2012 in Business Planning
Hello everyone,I am just starting out in this "business world" I don't know much about business I won't say that I do. I know how I can do some smaller advertising in my area, but as for large scale marketing/advertising I don't know how.If anyone can help me out here are some issues I am facing which are the biggest issues.-Picking a company name, I checked trademark registration and WI business name search, the name of what I want my company doesn't show up, but the website is taken.-I don't know how to go about getting loans and grants.-I am trying to learn, but a lot of this business help programs really are confusing to me.-I have been doing videography for 2-3 years now freelancing, it's difficult to market myself despite my skillset. (Winning awards for best film/Making international television through contests on Satellite tv/local news etc...) I feel like I can use this to my advantage some how.-I haven't made much money doing this though, so I sell things online to keep afloat so to speak.-I want to expand to states next to me as well, but I don't know how I can do that and since I haven't had regular jobs how much more difficult will it be to get loans and grants? I am guessing much harder.-I would just goto an attorney but honestly I just don't have that sort of money at the moment unless I use grant money to pay for them, which would kind of nullify the point of the company funding probably.-How much are taxes yearly assuming I make little to nothing, just for owning the name? Also to have it trademarked/buying the name in the State of WI.-If it's just me do I want LLC/LLP/Corporation? If I plan on having people help me out once in awhile on shoots, but nothing "official" what do I name it? Also I'll be working from my home.Sorry for all the typical questions, I assume you get these all the time, but if I could get any help of course it is very much appreciated, thank you all for your help and guidance in my journey to starting a business.

Comments

• adrina34smitadrina34smit subscriber Posts: 0
    If you are starting new business you should keep all details of your business and you can take help from right agent and select right place.
  • EricaJohnnsEricaJohnns subscriber Posts: 0
    Do not take for granted a good marketing/advertising strategy. Use advertising promotional products and promotional items to help to sell their products or services. This is a great approach to the public, as there are a number of advantages to promotional products and promotional items. If you are considering promotional products or corporate gifts for your business or organization it is imperative to remember the three crucial Cs cost, control, and connection. These three Cs are the main reasons why promotional products and business gifts work so well in most situations!