WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Is anyone here selling internet Marketing services to Locals?

GinaGrayGinaGray subscriber Posts: 1
edited May 2009 in Marketing
Hi I`m Gina Gray, new to the forum Looks like a great place to visit and learn.

I own an internet marketing consulting company. My company helps maily local businesses grow through online marketing solutions.

I was wondering if anyone here on the boards offer the same kinds of services to local business owners?

Thanks
Gina Gray

GinaGray5/21/2009 3:27 PM

Comments

• GinaGrayGinaGray subscriber Posts: 1
    HI Charles,
    Nice to meet you.
    I actually started a local video directory as well a few months ago for my local area. I have gotten too busy with other projects as of late, but plan to resume promoting it again soon.

Sure I will look for you on skype.

Are you shooting the video`s yourself?

Gina Gray

• mjohnstn1mjohnstn1 subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi Gina, 
    I offer marketing services to small and mid-sized businesses in the Santa Cruz, CA area.  One of my marketing strategies is to focus on local businesses that I can visit personally, and build long-term relationships with.  I`m hoping this will lead to a network effect, bringing me addition business through local referrals. 

I`m located in Boulder Creek, CA, which is about 15 miles from Santa Cruz, and 20 miles from San Jose. My website is www.targetedSMBmarketing.com. This is a relatively new business for me, so I`m open to any advice you and the others on this forum may have for my website and positioning.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated! 

thanks,

Maggie Barr
    Boulder Creek, CA

maggie.anne.barr@gmail.com

408-454-6488
    Hi maggie,
    Nice to meet you. Great to hear you are offering services to local business owners.
    What services actaully do you offer, just curious?

I went to your site and the page on Services was kind of vague.
    I didn`t see anything specific that you do.

Can you enlighten me.

Thanks
    Gina Gray
  • mjohnstn1mjohnstn1 subscriber Posts: 1
    Ya, that`s something I still need to work on.... my services page.  Here`s a more comprehensive list:
    - develop written marketing plans for annual planning cycles
    - design and implement marketing campaigns to drive sales or build a brand
    - plan & execute direct mail and email promotional programs
    - create and place affordable online advertisements
    - launch social media networking campaigns on sites like Facebook, Linked In and Twitter
    -  prepare and deliver PR and publicity campaigns
    - build channel co-marketing programs

I`m glad you asked to me do this, since it`s been something I`ve been putting off.   Do you think this list is thorough enough?

thanks,
    Maggie
    Hi Maggie,

I still think you can elobarate just a little bit more especially with this one (develop written marketing plans for annual planning cycles) Maybe just a little more explaining this one.
    As well as this one (design and implement marketing campaigns to drive sales or build a brand) explain which methods you use to do that. Ok one more (build channel co-marketing programs)
    Just see if maybe you can write a short description for those 3. Explain the service, how it works and how it benefits them.

Hope this helps
    Gina