WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Honest reviews please

cruise05cruise05 subscriber Posts: 3
edited December 2008 in Website Critique
Hi,
I have a very niche-specific forum, at http://www.makemoneykingdom.com and I`m thinking of making a few changes.
I am thinking of putting out a design contest on this forum for a new theme and logo for the site. I`m not sure really how much this would cost, but I`m not in a position to spend a lot on it at the minute.
Any thoughts on the forum (and a potential redesign) would be much appreciated,
Even your small inputs are very much appreciated.
Thanks for your time once again.

Comments

• Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    vBulletin is a good forum script. I see you allow people to use the "default" design instead of your yellow design (option at the bottom left of the page).
    This is a typical vbulletin layout - and fairly common for all forums.Changing the look of the site is not that complex and just changing the header image can dramatically change the look.I guess my question is... is there a problem - less activity, membership, or traffic than desired?Running a forum requires a lot of attention - making sure there are new posts that stimulate participation, montoringf for spam posts, etc. Promotion of a forum is another important task.The title of your home page is needed (right now it`s your domain name)...whereas the title of each category appears in the title tag (which is good).I see most of your traffic (47%) is from India.while only 9% from the US.~Roland