WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Business in Costa Rica

crisbizcrisbiz subscriber Posts: 1
edited March 2008 in Selecting a Business
Hi!
I`m living in Costa Rica and I want to start some business from here, I`m a psychology and advertising student with serious interest in business and entrepreneurship and I`m looking for business opportunities.
1.Do you have any business ideas related to ecommerce?
2.Do you have any idea about exporting a product and somebody selling it in USA?
3.What kind of advantages/opportunities do I have to look in this situation?
4.Somebody interested in doing business with me?
First I thought about selling something directly on Ebay, but paypal keeps the payments (I only can use that money buying something else through paypal) so maybe is not the best option.
Thanks in advance!!!

Comments

• Options
    tenleytenley subscriber Posts: 1
    Does anything stick out in your mind, as far as export business?

US Dept of State shows the following: Trade (2006 est.): Exports--$8.198 billion: integrated circuits, medical equipment, bananas, pineapples, coffee, melons, ornamental plants, sugar, textiles, electronic components, medical equipment.

My background is in advertising/marketing/writing/business operations and management. I have a strong interest in entrepreneurial endeavors, so your post interested me, but I don`t know the best place to start. I`ve been thinking a lot about import/export business, but have much to learn. Let`s talk.

Anyone else have advice?