WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Struggling Business Owner

BuildingWealthBuildingWealth subscriber Posts: 1
edited May 2009 in Startup Funding
Hello all,

I have been running an unsuccessful e-Commerce business for about 7 months now. I mainly sell video games online and have not been doing too well at it. I believe the reason I am not bringing in any money is due to using a dropshipping model of doing business. In other words I feel I could make alot more if I actually had product ON HAND.

Venues such as Craigslist will only do business if the person can pick up the item face to face with "cash in hand." I`ve been trying to "boot strap" my business but I am still short the money I need to get inventory. My overhead is minimal since I market online but I still have "some overhead costs." So I guess I am trying to find out what I should be doing to get a lump sum of capital?

I honestly could use about $8,000 - $10,000. That would allow me to I guess reninvent my business. Pay for the sites I need, get a large amount of inventory, etc.

Comments

• StevenSStevenS subscriber Posts: 1
    Maybe you can post your website on here in the website review community. They can tell you where they think your website is lacking. Another thing may be your product is too broad. It`s hard to compete with Amazon, Netflix, and the mega-sites doing the same thing. But if you find a good niche market that they do not cover you may find a loyal fanbase and start making a profit. But I would post your website on here first and see what people say.
    I hope this helps.