WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Military Contracts

WebDaemonWebDaemon subscriber Posts: 2
edited January 2017 in Veterans
Any one here have any experience in Military contracts?
Please share your experiences.

Comments

• rajinenterprisesrajinenterprises subscriber Posts: 3
    I`ve been working in Military Contracts for over 8 years. What information are you looking for?

• WebDaemonWebDaemon subscriber Posts: 2
    What kind of contracts do you take on?
    How did you get into the business?What is the business like?Anything else?
    I`m sorry for the confusion. I actually work for the Air Force soliciting, negotiating, awarding, and administering Government Contracts on behalf of the Government. I have work on Construction, Services (Lrg and Sm, to include A&AS), and commodities. All include during contingencies.

If you need help with something let me know!

• CMJOfficeCMJOffice subscriber Posts: 2
    Wondering if the government has any administrative contracts?  Are you aware of any or where to look?

I worked for the government for 13 years and am an Air Force spouse.  I currently have my own virtual administrative business and would love to get some business from the government.

Thanks for any info.

Colleen,

Most of the Federal contracting organizations utilize www.FBO.gov to advertise their requirements.

Typically the military will hire a temp civilian person that will actually work in the office. This is done through civilian personnel. The Contracting office will on occasion hire admin support services or through a personal services contract. Again, usually that is done through FBO and a person is actually at work in the office.

You may be more suited to advertise to Government Purchase Card holders (FOIA request) or straight to Civilian Personnel Office. You can even advertise your service to the local Services Squadron Non-appropriated Funds office.

Let me know if you have any questions.

• ankit007ankit007 subscriber Posts: 238 Silver Level Member
    The Army and the Navy are the main administrations which have dynamic obligation selection choices of under four years, which are not part of the National Call to Service program. The Army offers selection contracts of two years, three years, four years, five years, and six years