WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

What do you think of www.crazy4color.com?

colorcolor subscriber Posts: 3
edited February 2008 in Website Critique
Hi,

I have recently launched my new website www.crazy4color.com and would appreciate any feedback on the site (design, flow, photos, prices etc).  I am using a prostores template that I have modified, but I have little to no web development expertise.

Our company goal is to only sell really bright, colorful baby items (starting out with clothing).  As a Mom I got tired of finding so many pastels for babies and was always on the look-out for vibrant things to catch my little ones attention (from clothing to strollers to carseats!).

I think I have a little niche market here, but I am also struggling with what keywords to use as google adwords.  If I go too specific (as in bright baby etc.) then there are very few impressions....and if I go too broad (baby clothing), then I am way down on the list behind all the huge name brands!  Any advice here would be great too!!

Thanks so much for checking us out!!
Linda

www.crazy4color.com

Comments

• Options
    WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Good points by Craig. You have 74 errors if you try W3C validation. No h1/h2 tags.I`m guessing this was designed with IE in mind; in Firefox there are some layout/display problems.You have a lot of code, but not much content on the pages.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the feedback!
    Craig -- I didn`t associate the name with baby clothes as I did not want to limit myself (hopefully I can expand into other areas eventually .  I really appreciate the ideas on changing the homepage and copywriting -- when I re-read my homepage, it sounded so "blah" compared to the ideas that you had!!  I will definitely start brainstorming on some "color" redesign as well (I just did not want to make it too bright as I know people struggle to read it then).
    Thanks again for some awesome constructive criticism!
    Webline -- thank-you for pointing out the validation errors.  Unfortunately I am not a web developer and will need to go back to prostores for some help on these...but at least I know they are issues now!!! Thank-you!
    Linda

www.crazy4color.com

• Options
    Thanks Craig!  Yes, its amazing how easy it sounds to start up a business...until you actually do it!  There is so much more to it than I ever imagined!  I am very happy to slowly tweak away and try new things and every time it gets a bit better and a bit better...and hopefully the sales will follow!

This is a great forum and I have gained so much from viewing many of the website critiques!

Linda

www.crazy4color.com