WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Kinds of Home Based Businesses

2»

Comments

• Options
    infinitewayinfiniteway subscriber Posts: 7
    What about doing digital marketing for other businesses...specifically handling their social media marketing?
  • Options
    SpecialrisktermSpecialriskterm subscriber Posts: 4 Member
    As someone mentioned earlier, insurance sales is one of the top home based business. I personally left my employee insurance business and began my employer owned home based life insurance agency. With the internet you can literally be anywhere and still have access to all you need to thrive in this business. I would not recommend for newly licensed agents but for those that have been in business for a while and have a nice book of business this would work.
  • Options
    Bo CongdonBo Congdon subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    @moisesVM ,

I just wanted to share a few ideas with you. This book here is the best book i've read about creating an online business it will teach you EVERYTHING you need to know about creating and growing an online business, its changed my life seriously.

http://bit.ly/DotComSecrets_Revealed

You will want to try and use this software as well to build a lead and sales funnel. you can get a free trail here:
    http://bit.ly/ClickFunnel_FreeTrail

OR you can see it action here:
    http://bit.ly/Funnel_Hacks_Class

Lastly another way to build a business online is by doing affilaite marketing, i just went through this course here, its free. they typically charge $997 but they are offering the FULL training free because they are teaching you how to do it by marketing their products
    http://bit.ly/affiliate_bootcamp

Let me know if you have any questions. Just thought i'd share.
  • Options
    RoshniRoshni subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    if you want to do home base business you can do data entry type work, or you can also start a daycare , printing press etc.
  • Options
    Helen LarsenHelen Larsen subscriber Posts: 58 Bronze Level Member

There are also many international activities at home, that can bring you money:

Web designer. You have the opportunity to work with clients from around the world and add your aesthetic and design expertise to their websites.

Copywriter. Advertising and marketing companies are always looking for freelance copywriters to help with their creative projects. You can set up a home office and put your creative and marketing savvy to good use.

Fundraiser. There are plenty of charities and other organizations that use events or organized campaigns as a primary fundraising method. If you enjoy organizing events or other money making opportunities, you might be able to do so by creating a home-based business.

Travel planner. Planning vacations has become much easier for individuals in recent years thanks to lots of new online tools. But companies and large groups still often need help when planning and organizing travel arrangements. So if that’s something you enjoy, you can offer your services to clients.

• Options
    thespringthespring subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    You can start your Consultancy business, first you pick the skill set where you have sound knowledge like accounting, IT, health or many more. Create a database of candidates from popular job portals like dice, linkedin, indeed, monster, CareerBuilder according to skill set and connect to big consultancy firms and look at their requirement and place candidates from your database and earn commission or referral bonus.
  • Options
    John G. AnaiJohn G. Anai subscriber Posts: 83 Silver Level Member
    • Tutoring.
    • House cleaning.
    • Freelance writing.
    • Personal training.
    • Virtual assistance.
    • Dog-walking.
    • Marketing.
    • Designing.