WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Please review my website http://4him4her.net

lilbethlilbeth subscriber Posts: 1
edited October 2008 in Website Critique

My website is an e-commerce site selling ladies lingerie, costumes & clubwear, men`s silkties, waistcoats etc and perfumes & aftershaves. I am new to e-commerce sites & bought this from a web design company. I intend adding more product ranges relevant to the theme 4him4her eg jewellery in the future. I would really appreciate thoughts & opinions on the webcopy, content, design, ease of navigation, SEO and any other help you can offer. Thanks in advance.

Lilbeth

http://4him4her.net

Comments

• WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    The layout is too wide.
    Too much text at the top of the main page, taking too long to actually show any products. Then, the left column is much too wide. You`re using too much page space to show 6 products, and not saying much about them.
    Your title tag is messed up, and you have meta keywords added 4 times.
    Major work to do.
  • majenjewelmajenjewel subscriber Posts: 1
    With todays technology, you have maybe 2 seconds to capture your audience.  I got lost the second the webpage opened.  I didn`t even see yet what was being sold and at that point it did not even matter anymore no matter how much I like lingerie.  I know i`m tough, but your customer is the consumer and I am a consumer.
  • lilbethlilbeth subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for all your comments - it really is much appreciated. I`m taking it all on board and trying to do something about it. I`m reluctant to shell out a fortune on a revamp, but will try to make some changes to improve things so the site doesn`t come over as a scam - it genuinely isn`t, but if that`s what it looks like I need to change things.
    If anyone else has more thoughts I`d be glad to hear them.