WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Looking For Advertising Tips

FunderbugFunderbug subscriber Posts: 5
edited September 2007 in Marketing

We are looking at different advertising options (there are tons).  Can anyone suggest any free advertising sites or free trial sites so I can test my ads.
I`ve had some success with
www.craigslist.com</A>
and
www.botw.org?uid=24259</A>
The 2nd one is a free trial.
I`ve also used
www.backpage.com</A>
All 3 have had some success and I would like more sites like these.
No traffic exchanges please, but classified sites would be appreciated.

Comments

• jlukasavigejlukasavige subscriber Posts: 2
    What are you doing for marketing other than advertising?  You can spend a lot of money advertising when it won`t even help you reach your goals.If you`re looking for low-cost or free, I would focus on some of the other hundreds of things you could do for your business rather than advertising.  It usually tends to be the highest cost, least effective way to get the word out.
  • nevadasculnevadascul subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    One way to advertise is to write an article about your organization.  The article should be suitable for publication either in magazines or large regional newspapers.  Then send a query letter to the prospective publications asking if they would print the article.nevadascul2007-9-10 18:59:43
  • FunderbugFunderbug subscriber Posts: 5

Thank you for the information.  I do think I like the article idea.
    Samantha, I`ll let you know if I decide to use your services as my time is pretty limited these days.

• JoeJustinJoeJustin subscriber Posts: 1
    Article marketing is a good way to get the word out but it`s only the tip of the iceberg.
    I have a question for you.  Do you have a blog?  Do you have the expertise to build one your self? 
    If you do then when you write your articles and submit them to the article directories, you can also post them to your blog.  When you make a post to your blog make sure that you ping the different pinging services.  Do some social marketing, bookmark your posts, invite your firends and aquaintences to vote for your posts.  all these tecniques are free if you know how to do them. 
  • klafranceklafrance subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi - here are some for CT:

channelct.com

ctclix.com
    Are you looking for more nationally?
    Kate