WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How to find Partner(s)

lawrence619lawrence619 subscriber Posts: 3
Hi,
Assuming no one has any business connections...how does one go about finding potential partner(s) for a site concept?
w/o sounding weird, to say the least.lawrence6195/17/2008 10:45 AM

Comments

• st8icst8ic subscriber Posts: 11 Bronze Level Member
    First your friends (be careful), then your coworkers or ex-coworkers, then I would try college/university campuses, then the internet as a last resort.
  • lawrence619lawrence619 subscriber Posts: 3
    @st8ic
    lol - I lost a friend because of a failed potential  business plan.
    One was putting in more work than the other(and we equally agreed so), yet the other demanded still it be 50/50 ownership, revenue spilt.
    As for all the internet sites, I used most of the main ones - I got nowhere.
    As for college campuses, how? I post flyers on boards? or create a stand/kisok for a few days?
  • SandyPISandyPI subscriber Posts: 8
    Lawence,
    If you don`t know this person very well, a background check is a must.  You need to find out this person`s professional past and contact other people he (or she) has worked with.
    Good Luck,
    Sandy Glover
    www.goldshieldli.com