WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Angel Investors for Food/Restaurant Business

2»

Comments

• Options
    dixiepicnicdixiepicnic subscriber Posts: 0
    Robert,
        Thanks for your questions.  I have managed to squeak into a year round location by getting into a coffee shop that went out of business. It is a good location near a large active corporate community (Great Valley Corporate Center in Malvern Pa).  Unfortunately, the kitchen is not equipped with a hood and ansul system so we have had to modify the menu until I can fund the renovations.  I have been open a week now and I`m getting lots of visits from customers from my shore location.  They are all asking about some of the items that are missing from the menu and I let them know they will be coming in a couple months.
         I have pursued traditional funding through a bank line of credit on the building, SBA loans and microloans, and hard money loans.   
        Right now the building at the seasonal location is up for sale and it breaks my heart but it must be done to move the business forward.  I have no doubt that the year round location will be successful, but with no ability to tap the equity in the building we have fallen into a cash crisis.  The purchase of the building was to use the equity to move the business.  As much as I would like to keep the seasonal location for the exposure and free publicity it brings to Dixie Picnic and the brand, I can`t sacrifice the business for the building. 
         Sorry for the late reply.  I`ve been working day and night getting this second location up and running.  Even though we`ve only been open a week, I already have lots of repeat customers.  My customers have always been my best advertisement.
  • Options
    robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    dixie,
    Acquiring capital is a process - a process which varies somewhat according to one`s capital strategy. Your optimum Capital strategy will depend upon several factors - starting with how much you need and when.

Send me a PM if you want to discuss the details of your specific situation.
  • Options
    stevegermanostevegermano subscriber Posts: 0
    I have a viable line of patented products that are sold OEM to Vulcan Hart.  My company is in its first year of operation, with $375K invested in intellectual property, tooling, and marketing - I would like to market the value built in the company to a larger company that can fully develop the brand.  Can you suggest potential buyers?
  • Options
    robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    I have a viable line of patented products that are sold OEM to Vulcan Hart.  My company is in its first year of operation, with $375K invested in intellectual property, tooling, and marketing - I would like to market the value built in the company to a larger company that can fully develop the brand.  Can you suggest potential buyers?

Steve,

I`d need more details before I could make any suggestions. Generally, I`d go about targeting buyers in a manner similar to defining a target customer.

Send me a PM if you want to discuss the specifics of your situation
  • Options
    mhensleymhensley subscriber Posts: 0
    Mark,
    I am looking to get into a development agreement with an established restaurant franchise in the Charleston, SC market. Our partnership brings years of management/ownership experience, however we need capital to cover franchise/development fee`s and most of the build out/opening costs. Does your firm work with folks like us?Matt Hensleymatt@mabeka.com
  • Options
    ELRJELRJ subscriber Posts: 0
    I would like know who is the private equity group specializing in restaurants?
    Earnest

earnest@mavericksflat.com

ELRJ8/8/2009 2:37 AM
  • Options
    saffroncamellersaffroncameller subscriber Posts: 0
    Many good ideas are here.

Tandoori RedTandoori Red subscriber Posts: 1
    MONEYMAN wrote:
    Franchise models are too restrictive. (Forget them)...........Real estate deals in disguise

Attract high net worth angels and private equity firms interested in building your brand.
    They will finance your deal (will cost you control) and give you the opportunity to prove out your model.
    Once you prove out your model, then renegoiate a better equity participationsn on your next location.

It would be a win/win for everybody

How can I get in touch with you Moneyman? I have a good concept for a high quality, highly flavorful & healthy chicken fast food restaurants. I have tried few years ago to find funding but so far it didn't work. With my experience in restaurant industry few years ago when I owned & operated 4 different type restaurants, I'm able create a product recipes with great flavor & taste along with a very unique restaurant style tending toward organic / natural that can appeal to all consumers. I'm hoping it can appeal to investors too.

I can do a very good operations & management job but I need a partner who can teach me, show me & guide me in the financial world because I don't know how to get investors. Would you like to be the financial partner that I'm looking for? If so then please contact me at my cell# 847-274-2481 or email me at <!-- e -->tandoorired@gmail.com<!-- e --> - the website address is www.tandoorired.com

Thank you,
    Manny Zuberi
  • Options
    David PozzuoliDavid Pozzuoli subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, akoese!

My name is David and I'm with eLease, an equipment finance company.

What sets us apart is that we specialize in startups, bad credits and down to $3000.

Reach me at >David@eLease.com< or >727-223-6382< so we can get your business to its full potential!
  • Options
    LinLin subscriber Posts: 4 Member

What are the types of benefits being a restaurant owner? Although it's hard to succeed in operating a restaurant, the advantages of being an owner outweigh the con! Check out this blog that explains what the pros are! Check out the Business Exchange website for their blogs!