WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Input Please - Concierge Service

JovanJovan subscriber Posts: 3
edited March 2008 in Selecting a Business
Hello All,
I am a new member of this site, but I have been using it as resource to come up with ideas lately.  I`ve always had an entreprenurial sprit and I have done various small business projects since I was a teenager. I am always coming up with new business and invention ideas.  My biggest challenge is lacking the motovation and/or resources to follow through.  Currently, I am interested in the Concierge Service Industry.  I`ve done some research on this business and it definitely fits my personality and my ideal career descriptions.  I love to do many things, learn constantly, meet new people, and eliminate redundancy.  I hate structure so a business as dynamic as this seems to fit me.  I am motivated the most by financial success and happiness on the job. When researchiing the industry, I see that the average income potential is around the same amount that I make at my full-time job. When I think of all of the hassle and risk involving crafting my own business, the financial incentives keep me going. However, with a career that may only give me the same salary as my current, I was curious as to how I could change that. Do the numbers I see regarding average salary in the concierge business reflect one person businesses only, or is there a way that income can become unlimited if I hire employees? Also, do you think that hiring interns could provide the staff I need without the huge amount of overhead paid in salaries? I`m going to start off small, doing this on my own, but I`d love some ideas on how to expand my business into a more lucrative organization. Has anyone had success in this business. All ideas and suggestions are appreciated. I look forwarded to talking with you all regarding your business ventures.