WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Please critique my freelance writing website

MistressofMarketingMistressofMarketing subscriber Posts: 2
edited January 2008 in Website Critique
I`m a freelance writer (not a web designer) and recently overhauled my site after some constructive feedback. I designed the website myself. My goal is to inform potential clients about my services and hopefully have it result in being hired for additional writing jobs.
I have a background in public relations which has been my bread and butter, but would like to transition to doing more writing for magazines and websites.
thanks for taking the time! http://www.Robin-Noelle.com

Comments

• Options
    THANKS! I got that feedback from someone else about the page, but I couldn`t find it until now! All fixed.  Thanks for taking a look.
    R

Robin, what I see in content I really like. However once I left the home page, most of the links I clicked on opened a new window instead of just changing on the same page.  That was pretty annoying.  I like the site though. Mike EDIT:Actually I just realised it is only when I am on the creative samples page that everything openes on a seperate page.  Just fix that page!   
  • Options
    WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Maybe its just me, but many of the pictures just don`t seem to blend well, or don`t seem to have a purpose; I guess I don`t get why some of them are there ( for example, the Creative Samples page). They seem to just be plopped into your pages at random, not really showing a consistency throughout the site.Your main page is where you should start showing off your ability; not with graphics, but with what you do best, which is writing. Not with a couple of short lists, but with the words you are capable of using as you claim you can. Use your strengths and sell yourself first.Much of the text is hard to read; it`s like the font is too thin to really show up against the background. You have some pretty good sized images; I would suggest resizing them, replacing them or maybe eliminating them for loading time/bandwidth reasons.Most of the pages seem to "jump" when opening, in comparison to the previous page; you need to build a template file, and create all of your pages from that template to keep this from happening.
    Webline2008-1-11 22:27:50
  • Options
    Thank you! I`ve started incorporating some of your suggestions.

Maybe its just me, but many of the pictures just don`t seem to blend well, or don`t seem to have a purpose; I guess I don`t get why some of them are there ( for example, the Creative Samples page). They seem to just be plopped into your pages at random, not really showing a consistency throughout the site.Your main page is where you should start showing off your ability; not with graphics, but with what you do best, which is writing. Not with a couple of short lists, but with the words you are capable of using as you claim you can. Use your strengths and sell yourself first.Much of the text is hard to read; it`s like the font is too thin to really show up against the background. You have some pretty good sized images; I would suggest resizing them, replacing them or maybe eliminating them for loading time/bandwidth reasons.Most of the pages seem to "jump" when opening, in comparison to the previous page; you need to build a template file, and create all of your pages from that template to keep this from happening.