WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

referral fees

lainhklainhk subscriber Posts: 5
edited February 2007 in Sales
I have signed up with a home furnishings place to pay referral fees, however, how do I ensure that I actually receive something. The nature of the business is this. They will set up a wedding gift registry in their shop. Guests will go in and purchase the items, and I get commission on the amount of items purchase, but how do I make sure I get something?

Comments

• CSPURGEONCSPURGEON subscriber Posts: 10
    How are you refering them? What is the type of media in which you are marketing?
    If you are on the internet (I am no guru) but I am sure there is something that you can have on your website or program that will tell you how many clicks are going to their site.
    If you are a face-to-face type refferal, get to know the client and have them contact you after they have completed the process. This way they can let you know how the service was, and if they recieved such items for a gift. Then you have a background on what is happening.