WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

How to generate profit from online business

lainhklainhk subscriber Posts: 5
edited January 2007 in Business Planning
I am in the process of launching my online wedding portal for Asia. I have received sponsors who are willing to work with me and provide discounted promotions for services in exchange for free advertising. I am planning to charge for membership loyalty cards where members get these discounts. Also plan to charge for advertising. Question is how do I go about asking people to advertise with me after their free term is up.. what other type of profit generation scheme can I make from an online directory? you can view mock web on www.theknot.com</A> etc.. but I dont have that market as its China (expat) only....

Comments

• Options
    stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    You can make a tiered system. pay more get more advertsing.Make it easy, make a page of the different tiers. State pricing and make it easy to pay with an online payment button.After there free trial is up they get the lower tier. Then send them info on continuing the advertising levels they can purchase. Proof is in the pudding, if they got results from there trial they may want to continue. There are sytems that you can create with simple cgi scripts to make it simple and so that they can control there levels on a yearly or monthly basis with payments being made for the year or monthly. No pay no exposure.This is fair and if you can provide them of site statistics, that will help. So make sure you are getting good views of your site.
    Erinstonesledge2007-1-20 22:7:3