WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Changing Merchant Services

SerialentreprenuerSerialentreprenuer subscriber Posts: 2
edited November 2006 in Business Planning
Our Website has grown tremendously this year.  We went from a million dollar company to well over 5.  When we originally chose our merchant services company we did so based on rate alone.  Our rates are not the best and we are hoping to switch merchant service companies and negotiate better rates.  I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can help me with.
1.  Which merchant services are reccomeneded?
2. What are the key factors I need to focus on when I am negotiating a lower rate?
3. Due to our fast growth we are experiencing a higher amount of charge backs.  I have heard that if your charge backs equal 1% of your gross revenue you run the risk of losing your merchant privilages.  We are currently close to 3% rate of charge backs.  If we switch merchant accounts will it negate our past history of charge backs?