WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Lackluster Sales

2»

Comments

• Options
    TerryW4TerryW4 subscriber Posts: 0
    AH, see, I didn`t get it either when I looked at the site.  I saw "cheese" and what looked like a round cake - cut like slices of cheesecake,  so I thought it was cheesecake.  The "non" dessert part didn`t catch my eye.  Still, a gift basket with your cheese and some assorted crackers is still a good possibility for web retail sales.  Now I get the comments about tying in with wine!  I was first thinking -  wine and cheesecake?  Okay, I guess that could happen! 
  • Options
    RM325RM325 subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi there. Another factor that will help you is by rising higher in Google`s rankings. Someone mentioned changing the title tag of your website, to which you replied you didn`t know how.
    I copied and pasted your homepage code [ visible when you right click on any homepage and select `view source`] so you can see what it looks like and where you need to make the change. If you look at the 7th line you`ll see:
    <title>Savory Secret</title>
    This is what Google sees. Nothing about cheese, food or desert! So you`re probably showing up alongside secretive places like the CIA! Instead, put your critical keywords, such as "unique cheese desert" or whatever you think people or chefs will be searching for.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
    <html>
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
    <meta name="Generator" content="Dev-PHP 2.0.12">
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="main.css" />
    <title>Savory Secret</title>
    </head>
    <body>
    <div id="container">
  • Options
    chefamychefamy subscriber Posts: 2
    Thanks so much for the help with all of this.  I am in the process of moving and will be in utter chaos for the next week or so and then I will manage to get this sorted out.  Thanks again to everyone.

Amy