WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Looking for some advice

kaobengkaobeng subscriber Posts: 1
edited December 2009 in Grab Bag
Hello,
I am new on this site and relatively new to the idea of being an entrepreneur. I am a college senior looking to graduate in may 2010 and until recently was set on getting a job with a financial firm and going that route. My designs on my future has changed a bit in the recent months and i decided to try to start my own business with a colleague. We have several different business ideas we want to get started in 2010 including a web design firm, an online media company and a high end clothing line (suits and formal wear for young adults).
At the moment we are looking for some advice from people who have started their own business whether successful or not to learn from their experience as to what to do, how to market ourselves and how to make the right contacts. We are meeting with a local SCORE agent and a local SBA agent to help formulate a formal business plan. Having virtually no capital, we are currently freelancing as web designers to help raise money for our other ventures while building our portfolio.
Please feel free to share with us any thoughts and feelings on what we are trying to achieve. We are really looking to get pointed in the right direction especially with the clothing line because we know very little about the industry other than the retail aspect (both of us work at banana republic as sales reps).
thank you