WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Doing business at home?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Head_ExposedHead_Exposed subscriber Posts: 0
    It's always a good move to start any kind of business, especially when you want to have it in your own home. You will save a lot including rental for your business space. Your home can be your office and main transaction venue. You could use your computer and Internet service to promote your product. Aside from the spring mattress, you could look at what product really sparks the interest of most consumers. You could sell novelty products, customize items, or target specific types of clients such as pet-lovers and concentrate on what they need/want. You can do it! Successful small businesses start at home so keep up the good work!
  • Options
    Speak2RiyaSpeak2Riya subscriber Posts: 0
    Yeah..your idea of selling mattress online is good, you can also add bedsheets, carpets and stuff like this which is into upholstery...will actually give you an idea that what sells best...among these...You can probably ask wholesale dealers to tie up with them and you ask for your commission....all the best!!
  • Options
    tomlentomlen subscriber Posts: 0
    Yes you can do any online business at home. Its a good way. Online business at home is agood option for ladies. I think thay are more prefer online business.
    Business coaching
  • Options
    thedreamerthedreamer subscriber Posts: 0
    Well you can start by focusing on one product. While doing your business, you will have an idea about the other demands of the market and you can gradually add new products to your offering.
  • Options
    ColliJimColliJim subscriber Posts: 0
    It doesn't look like you want to sell some cutting-edge product so there is a market.
    Some people make it sound like starting a business from home it fun and easy. In most cases you'll have to wait 2-4 years to see it flourish. Perseverance and believing in what you do are the key. I also suggest to do good research before starting.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    Julie_RobertJulie_Robert subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Kitson, Finally, you have decided to start you own business on internet. When you have an opportunity, then you should avail it but, I would like to suggest you that before starting your business you should do research of your market and it will give more benefit to you if you gain some experience by working at shop of mattress. The mixture of your knowledge and experience will make you a strong and successful businessman.

• Options
    morrimorri subscriber Posts: 0
    Large number of people purchase many items online, it is the best option for operate any business and share this online(do online marketing of your business). online business can be very useful for you.
  • Options
    ScotianScotian subscriber Posts: 0
    I am assuming that in this case you are working with a particular manufacturer to actually deliver the Spring Mattress you are marketing and selling. If so its important to determine how the payment, delivery system will work, and if there is any refund policy. It is difficult for anyone to determine exactly what a mattress is like without actually seeing it and in most cases actually trying it out.
    I wish you luck with your project, and I have written several articles on a home-base business that may be of interest to you.
    ezinearticles.com/?expert=Avril_Betts
  • Options
    remonhdremonhd subscriber Posts: 0
    Now a days online business has become very popular. I think you can do IT related business on online.
  • Options
    marrymarry subscriber Posts: 0
    Online market is very huge, you can sale all type of products and offer all type of services but you should spend your most of time to read about this business.
  • Options
    shymajonesshymajones subscriber Posts: 4
    Yes I thing we can start and run a business from home but first we should get some experience so it would not be risky.
  • Options
    shymajonesshymajones subscriber Posts: 4
    Yes I thing we can start and run a business from home but first we should get some experience so it would not be risky.
  • Options
    TheStreetTeamTheStreetTeam subscriber Posts: 3
    There are many ways to make money online and doing a business. You just have to find the right people, doing the things that you have to and not go through tons and tons of products because its going to just waste your time. Starting out, its going to be really boring.