WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Property Management Co - Startup Funding

kimanillckimanillc subscriber Posts: 1
edited February 2009 in Startup Funding
Does anyone know of any excellent grant / lending sources for startup capital for property ownership?  My goal is to start a small property management company.

Comments

• robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Do you have the necessary licenses for property management?

Or are you trying to buy property to manage?
  • kimanillckimanillc subscriber Posts: 1
    I have worked in commercial property management on the administration side for nearly seven years.  Currently, I am one course shy of completing the coursework for the Real Property Administrator (RPA) designation from BOMA (Building Owners and Managers Association).  Soon, I will have my IL salespersons` license (eventually becoming a broker) and should complete the coursework for the CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member) designation.  Both are leading commercial real estate professional designations.

My goal is to start my company small and gain working capital by buying and managing residential property under an LLC; eventually growing my business to incorporate commercial, industrial and retail properties.  Additionally there are other areas that I would like to take my company.  By the way, I am also currently taking classes toward dual masters in Business Administration and Project Management.

I am in the midst of working on my business plan and starting my LLC.   What I would like is to find funding vehicles to start buying properties.  I am optimistic about the new stimulus package that may come about.  Do you think that it will include monies for small business and/or funds for property ownership?
  • kimanillckimanillc subscriber Posts: 1
    That is exactly what I am thinking about.  Starting small, possibly with one property and building both capital and my credit record.  Perhaps my best bet might be with first-time home buyer programs or the like.  If you have information about programs such as that, I would greatly appreciate your sharing.

Thank you.