WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

printing labels and labels for tapered containers

KateGKateG subscriber Posts: 12
edited April 2013 in Marketing
I am currently looking into labels and packaging.  I would love advice regarding the following two points:

I will be selling products in standup pouches and plastic 8-oz and 32-oz containers.  I am looking for labels that are full color, 6x9 inches (for the pouch), round w/ 4-inch diameter (for the lids of the containers), and of undetermined sizes for the front and back of the 32 -oz container.

- What can I expect to pay?  I have been advised that I should get labels printed instead of printing them myself.  However, most places seem to be charging an arm and a leg.  I got some quotes for the 6x9 label and the vast majority were over 50 cents a piece.  This is way to much for me, as I want my product to be relatively inexpensive.  I`m in contact with one local place that might be able to do it cheaper.  Any advice about where to find a place that will print relatively small quantities of labels cheaply would be appreciated.

- The containers are slightly tapered, which makes the labeling really tricky.  I think for the 8-oz container, I might only use a label for the lid, but I need instructions for the 32-oz, so somehow I need to get the labels on the sides of the containers. Currently, my best idea is to just use smaller labels that I would have otherwise for the front and back of the container and hope that it`s not too obvious that it doesn`t line up well with the bottom/top of the container.  Any other advice??

Thanks!

Kate

www.shapeacakeclay.com

Comments