WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Reading

keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
edited January 2007 in Thought Leadership
Reading is FUN. I know you have heard that line before. It is true.
Reading is a great and easy way for entreprenuers to learn. There are many, many books available to us that can guide us and teach us. Don`t get caught up in the critique of the book ... just read.
I know ... the common response is ... "I don`t have time to read a book." WRONG.
Did you know that the average book is between 250 - 300 pages? If you read JUST 10-12 pages per night, you can read a book per month. Think about that ... that`s 12 books a year.
What could you learn by reading 12 new books a year? Just 10-12 pages a night. That`s all the effort it takes. You CAN do it.
Life ain`t brain surgery. Owning your own business isn`t brain surgery either. Continuing your education through reading is actually easy. Just make the commitment to do it.
R@keycon2007-1-5 23:54:15

Comments

• Options
    Innovator7Innovator7 subscriber Posts: 9
    Many people nowaday surf the net for hours, including myself.  I`m a speed reader but I still spend hours reading.  It`s addicting.I`m not so sure about books being beneficial as active search in internet. I don`t watch TV anymore. I recommend BrusselsJournal.com for news you don`t see in US newspapers or TV.  I post comments there at times.