WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Website Critique - eNutritionCare.com

KeithENC1KeithENC1 subscriber Posts: 1
edited July 2008 in Website Critique
eNutritioncare.com - We provide Medical Nutrition Therapy(MNT) delivered entirely by registered dietitian.  There are no canned diets generated on this site, everything is custom designed by a real person for a real person.  We can manage nutrition related issues as simple as healthy eating and weight loss to issues as complex as celiac disease and pediatric failure to thrive. I look forward to your critique.
Keith Behrens
eNutritionCare.com
keith.behrens@enutritioncare.com

Comments

• Options
    Saber102Saber102 subscriber Posts: 2
    Keith,

I really like the site. Great look and colors. Easy navigation. Enough info, not too much or too cluttered. I`m into fitness and health big time and I understand what you are doing. I think if you reach the right people it will be a hit for sure.

One suggestion....If I were interested, I would like to call a 1-800 number and talk to a real person first.
  • Options
    jccameronjccameron subscriber Posts: 3
    Hi there,
    Pretty good start.  A few things I`ll mention:The middle content area on the home page is way too jumbled.  Not sure where to look and cannot tell if I can click on things or not.  You need to look at your site in browsers other than IE. In firefox, font sizes and other issues appear.Your home page has a critical HTML validation error that might be problematic in some browsers (I think there is a missing quote somewhere).That jumbled approach to the content seems to be replicated in the various content areas.  If you make me work to hard to read and understand and pull my eyes in too many ways all at the same time, I will probably give up.It is very uncommon for a "home" button to have sub-categories like on your site.  The sub-navigation style could be significantly improved to look like the rest of your site without much effort.The send button on your contact page is just text - which many people may not even notice since it is so small and it is very uncommon to use text as contact submit buttons.The design of the contact page with the contact info next to the form like that is not as nice as it could/should be for an online store like this.Contact Us should be one of the links that is obvious on each and every page.
    There you go, hope you find some of that useful.
  • Options
    Perfect, just what I`m looking, thank you.
  • Options
    Thank you for the support.  We are trying very hard to make it better,  we`ve been kicking around the 800 number for a while, the only problem is that it moves us away from our model.  Thank you again for the kind words.
  • Options
    infiltainfilta subscriber Posts: 8
    Hi Keith, Jc had good points. Here`s a couple of mine:
    1) Same Flash banner on the left of every page - what`s the point?
    2) Most content comes as images. Doesn`t really help your site to be seen by search engines.
    3) HTML code not clean.
    4) On one of the pages I was scared by a male voice which started saying something. Autoplay audio/video is a no-no unless you`re specifically on an audio/video sharing site such as Youtube.
  • Options
    Infilta - Thank you, my past experience with web developers have been awful.  This site cost me about $150,000, $100,000 over budget and nine months late.  Now I`m trying to market the site and fix all the short comings as I can afford it.  Thank you for your comments I really appreciate it.
  • Options
    Are you serious??? Wow. Well, it was a complete rip off.
    So how are you intending to fix it?
  • Options
    x3xsolxdierx3xx3xsolxdierx3x subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
    Hi there,
    Pretty good start.  A few things I`ll mention:The middle content area on the home page is way too jumbled.  Not sure where to look and cannot tell if I can click on things or not.  You need to look at your site in browsers other than IE. In firefox, font sizes and other issues appear.
    Your home page has a critical HTML validation error that might be problematic in some browsers (I think there is a missing quote somewhere).
    That jumbled approach to the content seems to be replicated in the various content areas.  If you make me work to hard to read and understand and pull my eyes in too many ways all at the same time, I will probably give up.
    It is very uncommon for a "home" button to have sub-categories like on your site.  The sub-navigation style could be significantly improved to look like the rest of your site without much effort.
    The send button on your contact page is just text - which many people may not even notice since it is so small and it is very uncommon to use text as contact submit buttons.
    The design of the contact page with the contact info next to the form like that is not as nice as it could/should be for an online store like this.
    Contact Us should be one of the links that is obvious on each and every page.There you go, hope you find some of that useful.
     wow........now, THAT`s a critique......he pretty much picked up on everything I was going to say
  • Options
    I`m working with a freelance developer and we are doing it bit by bit.  I`m thinking about going out and getting more financing.  I`m working with a few wellness companies that are thinking about using our services, so there is some definite interest.  I`ve had to stop the google ads, because of budget, but we are still getting traffic.  Really all I can say is that it is very slow going.
    I had an interesting comment from some one yesterday, she is a main contact with one of the wellness companies.  I`m working with them on co-branding the site.  She said that I should not worry about them stealing the idea, because the infrastructure is too hard to put in place and it would be easier and cheaper for them to use us. Now I`m worried about them stealing the idea.  If I had more funds I would pay for the co-branding myself to take that hurdle away from in front them. This would make adoption easier from their standpoint.
    It`s been a real tough road.   
  • Options
    x3xsolxdierx3xx3xsolxdierx3x subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
    Do you have a background in a medical profession, Keith? Doctor? Nurse? I`m in my senior year of nursing school, and I think your website is pretty cool........unfortunately, I don`t have incredible background to give you a sound critique about the layout/feel/direction of the site, but, I do think others have touched upon everything I initially thought about it.....not bad...
  • Options
    What is it about the infrastructure that`s hard to replicate here?
  • Options
    I don`t, but I just run the business side of it.  All of the RD`s that work with us are actually clinical directors in local hospitals, they all have extensive medical back round. 
    Best of luck in your nursing career!
  • Options
    Infilta - the network of registered dietitians, but I think the real issue is the money.
  • Options
    Keith, it`s sad that you spent so much time and money on the project.
    For how much you say you spent on it the site it just does not have that look and feel of something revolutionary new or cool. Moreover, with the number of recommended improvements and more that were suggested here and more that I see now (such as you "add to cart" button that looks like a shopping cart but not explicit enough - that`s not the way users are used to seeing "add to cart" button) and the fact that`s it`s just an online store (unless you have a massive back end that allows drop shipping etc), it kinda seems like a waste. Like I said, I don`t know what`s the "infrastructure" behind it but if this is what I think this is then you could have made something better looking and functional for a fraction of what you paid.  
    PS  And I hope you don`t take offense, I know you can`t reverse it and you probably feel same way I do about it except that it was YOUR money. infilta6/25/2008 12:42 PM
  • Options
    infilta - What we actually sell is a service. (There is another short coming of the site)  People with difficult disease issues that have a nutrition component to the disease, we provide medical nutrition therapy to support the patient.  As an example, some one who has had weight loss surgery, we provide the pre-op counseling and insurance qualification compliance and post-op we provide nutrition counseling for the appropriate diet stages and the long term follow up and support.  We really don`t sell a product, except for two blood test.
    In terms of the back end on the site, it is quite extensive.  Not only do we manage the patient`s records and all the HIPPA regulations that go along with it, but we basically have a virtual office for each registered dietitian.  There are queue issues, because there is complete continuity of care.  In other words you always see the same RD. There are other issues that I just don`t understand and can`t describe.
    What I have described is just part of it and the medical condition I used is actually one of the easier issues to deal with and I didn`t mention we also do pediatrics, failure to thrive and that sort of thing.  We`ve basically taken what you used to get only in a hospital setting or out patient setting and moved it to the web. 
    I hope that clears it up a bit.  I agree that we got taken on the price and I accept full responsibility for that and I truly appreciate all of the issues that you and others have pointed out.  In terms of bringing some thing revolutionary to the web, I wouldn`t go that far, but we are the only ones doing this.  Nothing on our site is canned or generated by the site.  Everything is generated by a registered dietitian for a specific person with very specific issues.  We are not EDiets.
    I realize that it is impossible to see the whole picture in just looking at the site and my poor description, so the last thing I am  is offended.  Thank you again.