WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Help me with a slogan? Please

kawinaorgkawinaorg subscriber Posts: 1
edited August 2008 in Marketing
We`re starting a health related web service that can be used by anyone, even people without a computer. We have the makings of a primary slogan, but it needs considerable help. The rough idea is:
   If you’re breathing, you can use HealthMe. (Not the real name)
This is the kind of context where it would be used:
If you’re breathing, you can use HealthMe. Who can use HealthMe?
·   The elderly
·   People without a computer
·   The computer literate
·   Your mother
·   The physically challenged
·   Travelers
·   Shut ins
·   Martians
I’m sure you get the idea. Unfortunately, as much as I like the humor, we probably can’t use “If you’re breathing…” The message would stand out, but we’re probably more limited to something along the lines of “If you can use a phone…” The problem with “…phone…” is that it is somewhat misleading in that it sets phones up as the primary interface. I don’t want our users to have that mentality.
All suggestions are appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    MCSnowMCSnow subscriber Posts: 1
    What about... "If you can remember our name, you can use HealthMe"
    I guess I would want to know how do customers find you?
  • Options
    GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    Hi Kawinaorg!
    I like the concept and the "breathing" reference, but I`m a little over the top, so I`m not sure I`d take my advise.  I actually like one better... "HealthMe... If you`re alive, then we can help!"  Okay, so maybe too much Merlot tonight, but I like the direction you`re going.  "HealthMe... so simple even a caveman can use it"  Ooops, so sorry, that one`s already taken.  Hmmmm... I`m not being much help this evening.  I like the premise though and can`t wait to hear more

• Options
    kawinaorgkawinaorg subscriber Posts: 1
    Marisa, Leslie, kywomanjt, Janie and Craig - Thanks so much for your input.
    "Caveman", just brilliant! Curses on you Geico.
    So far I like "alive" best. I think Merlot may have been the problem, but only because it`s not strong enough. It`s time to break out the gin or vodka. Please keep those ideas coming.
    What`s the fundamental idea behind this business?
    What 1 thing led to that burst of excitement when you said, "Oh Wow!
    THIS would be a totally cool business for me!"
    The burst of excitement was the prospect of making big bucks. Seriously though, good question, but I can`t reveal too much at this stage for the same reason that I didn`t use the real name. The initial idea was somewhat different and solved a different problem. The model that we`ll be launching with is based on a series of incremental changes. The one thing all of the changes have in common is the simplicity and universal utility.