WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Promote my business

grimygrimy subscriber Posts: 2
edited May 2009 in Business Planning

Hello,
I m an owner of a small business and like to make my
presence felt in internet. Can somebody suggest how to go about?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• JmesJmes subscriber Posts: 4
    Hello, grimy.
    When you`re referring to your presence do you mean yours or your business` ?
    For your business, I would need better information. Like what have you done so far to achieve this? and what are you currently planning in this field?  Also, what is your target market, and more or less what have you achieved with it so far?
    For yourself, (even though this helps your business` presence too) I would suggest signing up to several sites: Naymz and LinkedIn are networking sites which build you a profile and help you make business contacts, Twitter is more or less the same only (in my opinion) more time consuming. LookupPage, on the other hand, is not really about networking. It will present you with a professional-looking page (and it has the easiest interface to interact with).
    I suggest broadening your online presence, making a profile in each of the above (and more if you have the time). The more results you have on search engines, the better presence you have.
    G`luck
    Jmes
  • patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    get a website.  make it look good and useful.
  • cushiepushiecushiepushie subscriber Posts: 0
  • adamcadamc subscriber Posts: 11
    Few things you may want to do
    *Make a facebook fan page
    *Create a Twitter account
    *Create a blog
    *Join a few forums that are related to the kind of business you have (make sure you read the rules about spamming and that sort of thing so you don`t get banned and promote it that way.
    best of luck!
  • MattThomasMattThomas subscriber Posts: 2
    Any Search Engine Optimization techniques you can use. Having a blog, as others have said is a great SEO tactic, especially if the posts have great content. Good content will make your site more relevant to the appropriate search terms so it will be easier for potential customers to find your site.
    Google AdWords/Pay-Per-Click may be worthwhile for you to look into, depending on what it is you are selling. Social networking, as others have said is also useful: Facebook--creating groups, Twitter (as long as you are focused and don`t lose track of time), etc... Post your product on Yelp.com and ask those that have already used your product and liked it to give you good reviews.
    Good Luck!
  • BreakouttoolsBreakouttools subscriber Posts: 1
    Getting a webiste on the web can be cheap and effective. Using SEO strategies to get your site listed in the search engines can get you a lot of interest but, takes time. There is a lot of information about SEO on the web. It takes time but its all worth it when the eyeballs are on your site and your business!
    Breakouttools1/19/2009 10:19 PM
  • megapopmegapop subscriber Posts: 0
    My name i Meg and I work for a guerrilla marketing company called the Mystery partner. Check us out at www.themysterypartner.com. Email me if you have any questions.
    Meg
    The Mystery Partner

meg@themysterypartner.com