WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Marketing For a Limited Market

pkammpkamm subscriber Posts: 2
edited May 2007 in Marketing
I`ve recently started a Mac Consulting business and have decided to use a blog as the core of my site. This seems to make sense as I am providing advice, help, and tutorials for folks using Macs. The blog is essentially providing free information in the hope that it will encourage folks to seek my consulting services in the future.The Mac market share is small. How do I target and effectively market to this relatively small segment? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.-Patrick

Comments

• Options
    LogoMotivesLogoMotives subscriber Posts: 15
    Your market is much more than people who don`t know how to fix issues regarding Macs - it includes people, like me, who don`t want to be bothered with taking the time to try to fix issues themselves.With the majority of graphic designers I know using Macs, that would be a great market for you to reach.  A designer, or design firm, can`t afford computer down time.  Design schools, or the design departments at a college, might also be a great market.  I`m sure some have very competent IT departments - but others probably use outside sources.  You would also be connecting with students who could become future customers.Design organizations, design publications and other design-related entities would be excellent vehicles for reaching potential clients.  Here locally, in Portland, MacForce has developed quite a market presence - mostly through direct mail (I`m not sure how they`ve developed their lists) and the placement of small ads (with their eye-catching rocket graphic) in the alternative publications that "creative types" are likley to read.- J.