WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Franchise and Subscription Type Website

jvmombayjvmombay subscriber Posts: 1
Hello guys,1st of all, it`s been really rewarding to be part of SuN and really thankful that I found this site.For several years now, even before the advent of dynamic websites and interactive contents, I was already looking at the prospect of modeling an online business around franchising and application subscription for the franchisee.The way I am thinking is, having a completely developed CMS site that can be deployed to franchisee as soon as they are evaluated and found to be qualified.  And these franchisees will be able to subscribe more advance features of the site or what we usually call premium applications for a fee (either monthly or annually).My question would be... will this work?Drop me some of your questions and I`ll try to answer those as much as I could.

Comments

• Options
    patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    Franchise law is overseen by FTC [and some states] and has some very specific requirements.  I practice in this area of the law - as do others.  There is a circular that needs to be prepared and distrubuted according to the law.
  • Options
    patentandtrademark, thanks for that great insight.  I actually didn`t know that part since I live outside the US.  Will there be implications and complications on this matter? 
    Raisecapital02, yes... I am planning to offer the use of our logo, the actual system used by the website and the products and services we offer our clients.  While for the application service provider model, this usually goes for premium services(focused web applications) to be subscribed.
  • Options
    patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    there will be implications and complications on this matter.
  • Options
    Raisecapital02, for 1 1/2 year my partner and I had been able to find a proven and effective method to actually be successful at the type of online business which  made us actually #1 when it comes to being an online resource.  So basically, it is the method and training we will be giving out and not just some websites that you can buy off the shelf.patentandtrademark, I see now what you mean, I`ll have to study this further since my target is outside my country.
  • Options
    rexiedexierexiedexie subscriber Posts: 97 Silver Level Member
    Hi Jvbombay
    I developed some singles software in the late 1998s and myself and my business partner a Franchise sales expert were going to franchise it worldwide buy unfortunately my partner died unexpectedly in 2000.
    I have been seeking to find a new partner ever since.
    I know run automated singles sites and sell software including MySpace type community software.
    See my Networking page and my blog and articles.
    programs_income_earners_money_makers_ads_dating_gambling
    http://www.networking.love-au.com/</A>
    http://www.aselectchoice.com.au/Gm/whitepagesblog.html</A>
    Jvbombay I`m sure your concept would work.

• Options
    AstarothSolutionsAstarothSolutions subscriber Posts: 1
    Obviously subject to many other things but I have seen this model operating before and yes it can work both from a functional and business perspective.... I am also outside of the USA so will allow others comment on legal implications if you are considering trading there.