WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Small Scrapbook Home Business

jalanejalane subscriber Posts: 3
edited October 2007 in Selecting a Business
I have been scrapbooking for about 7 years now, and decided that I was going to try and make a little money doing it. I need some advice as to where I should begin and how I should get going with this. I am interested in owning a larger business sometime in the future: a garden center, but while I`m young and still learning, I was going to start with something smaller and more home based. So if anyone has any start up tips or advice on marketing, sales, or good websites on these topics, please let me know! Thanks!

Comments

• BusinesswithcentsBusinesswithcents subscriber Posts: 2
    Hi Jalane-
    If I were in your position, I would start immediately.  I would make a very basic business plan that includes some short and long term goals and then start selling.  Since you have been scrapbooking for 7 years, you probably already have some great books that you can use to demonstrate your product, all that you need now is business cards so that potential clients can call you.  I would start by visiting places that may need your services, such as bridal and baby shows, travel agencies, high schools around prom season, sorry I can`t think of anymore off of the top of my head right now.  See if you can partner with them and go from there.  I would recommend having a basic website that displays your work and after you complete a few include some testimonials. Your start up cost for this should be very minimal and it is something you could start today.  If you find that you are making a lot of sales than you can start expanding and start building a more detailed business plan.  I`ve found that the best way to learn about business especially when you are not taking a large risk financially is to just start.  Gook luck, I wish you the best. 
  • jalanejalane subscriber Posts: 3
    thanks guys! great information! i really appreciate it!