WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

New Member - Greetings from Michigan

Juliaann108Juliaann108 subscriber Posts: 3
edited June 2008 in New Member Welcome
Wanted to introduce myself and say hello.  I`m in the research stage of starting a virtual assistant business.  I am and executive assistant with 15 years experience - I love what I do, but after so many years in corporate America I find myself yearning to be my own boss (a rather common theme here, I would assume).  I`m looking forward to meeting all of you and learning from the tons of information on this site. 

Have a great day.

Julia

Comments

• SiteFlipAcademySiteFlipAcademy subscriber Posts: 0
    Hello Julia and welcome to SuN! It`s always great to know about your business and wishing you good luck and all the success.
  • Juliaann108Juliaann108 subscriber Posts: 3
    Thanks for the warm welcome.  CraigL, I found the VA Forum and I`m amazed by both the quality and quantity of information - thanks for the tip!
  • RobAdams4CEOSpaceRobAdams4CEOSpace subscriber Posts: 1
    Welcome Juliaann,I agree with CraigL. The VA business has been growing and I believe if you market yourself properly you will find that you will be overwhelmed with business.With many small businesses cutting back they will more than ever have the need for your services or they will not be functioning unless they can do it themselves. Prepare your networking pitch. Parctice it so it becomes you. Get out there and network. Also, there are many women`s networking organizations forming that seem much stronger that the existing ones run by us men... so my wife says.Pitch elements:-Let me do those things that you don`t like doing, don`t want to do, or those things that keep you from getting out to do business.- I can free you up to do the business you want to do.- I can do VA at a fraction of a full time person.You`ve got the idea.Believe it or not, as I was at a networking event just yesterday evening as I asked "What do you need next?" Without hesitation the gentleman said "I need a VA." How do I send him your info?
  • Juliaann108Juliaann108 subscriber Posts: 3
    Hi Rob. 
    Thanks for the advice.  I certainly have my work cut out for me.  As for the gentleman you mentioned in your post, while it`s quite early in the game for me, I`d be happy to talk with him - although at this point the only marketing material I have is my resume.   He can reach me at [email protected].  Thank you for the kind offer. 
    Have a great weekend. 
  • RobAdams4CEOSpaceRobAdams4CEOSpace subscriber Posts: 1
    Juliann,I will certainly forward your email address to him.