WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Review for a good challenge

solomonsolomon subscriber Posts: 1
edited October 2007 in Website Critique
Hello from China! I am here working out some operational issues for our new Nankeen Brand products (www.nankeenstyle.com). Just as some background before you review the site. These products are made using a historical Chinese print making technique called Blue Nankeen. We have taken the fabric and applied them to more modern designs. We launched with women`s bags and pillows and now we are about to expand into the men`s line (belts, ties, scarves, etc.).The challenge we have is that we want to stay solely an online retailer. We feel that this will allow us to maintain our brand, control (and hopefully enhance) the online customer experience, and take out the middle man. This is a huge challenge since we have a very tactile product. People love the product when they see it in person but we are having trouble convincing people to purchase online. We have recently added more features on the site to build customer trust, including media quotes, more photos, etc. We are also working on building our blog. Our goal is to keep the web site clean and simple but convince people to buy. I am wondering what else we can do at this point to drive people to the site and get them to buy. The bottom line, how do we make a product that most people want to purchase in person attractive online? Hence, my huge challenge....I appreciate any and all feedback. I am new to this but think this is a great resource. www.nankeenstyle.com

Comments

• solomonsolomon subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks Janie. I appreciate the feedback. You just never know how many people are bookmarking your site or adding to favorites for another time...hopefully all those bookmarkers will come back for the holidays!
  • johnqhjohnqh subscriber Posts: 4
    If people like it when they see in person but not willing to buy online, WHY NOT open a retail store?
    Open it at a tourist location (I think San Francisco China Town would be an idea location - good traffic, people from all around the world, and they are looking for China-related items). Once you have foot traffic and people purchase, they will show the products to their friends and families and bring in the web traffic.
    It is just difficult to pursuade people to buy certain types of products without seeing and touching it in person.