WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

LLC Partner & Compensation

PresentPresent subscriber Posts: 1
Hello, All,
I have recently started a company with a partner, and we originally planned on splitting everything 50/50. However, he is now contemplating taking a full-time job in addition to working on our business. We have our website up, but we don't have any clients yet and are still in a very nascent stage.
I believe he is dedicated to our venture, but of course this changes a lot. We are still working out the details of our operating agreement, and so I am looking for some advice about how to divvy up profits.
We are tutors, so we will pay ourselves some portion of the hours we tutor. That's easy, I think, and can stay the same. However, I will be taking over or at least participating in most of his duties as Academic Director in addition to mine as Director (all the non-teaching stuff), and I will be the one doing most of the "behind the scenes" work if he takes this job. What is a fair way to approach the situation, so that I get rewarded for the risks taken and the hours spent on our business while he is working the other job? Is there a nice formula I could plug into the OA that would be fair to both of us?
Thanks for your input.