WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Please review our entertainment portal website

BluPantherBluPanther subscriber Posts: 5
edited January 2008 in Website Critique
The site has been functional since September 2007 and we are trying to get our numbers up.  Can you look at the site to see how easy it is to navigate and let us know if there are things that could improve to make it more user-friendly.  One of the concerns is that the layout might be working against itself in terms of attracting readers and repeat readers. Site is Jamati Online and the URL is http://www.jamati.comBlupanther1/17/2008 2:10 PM

Comments

• VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    I liked the site - it was easy to navigate and understandable.
    But
    If "Africa`s Premiere Entertainment Portal" is your unique selling position, then shout it out.  Make it bigger.  Don`t hide it with tiny type under the beautiful logo.
  • BluPantherBluPanther subscriber Posts: 5
    Thank you very much for the honest critique.  It has been very helpful for us as we look towards what we need to work on in the new year.  Sometimes when you are too close to the project, it`s hard to see the forest for the trees.  I appreciate the candid responses.
    Blu
    The market research indicates that there isn`t much information about the demographic we are trying to reach (mostly Africans on the diaspora and the continent, and then people who are interested in African entertainment) since they tend to be fragmented and operate in close knit circles.  We have had a good response but not as good as we would like.

We would generate revenues from advertisements that are trying to target the up and coming African market that has a lot of expendable income.

Shirlene
    Thanks Craig,

Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, South Africa and Liberia have pretty reliable fiber optic connections so they are online all the time.  I don`t know about the other countries although I am sure that there are many more that have great internet connections.  Internet cafes are a big money maker in Africa too. 

Our biggest audience is actually from the UK and Europe where many Africans and people interested in Africa live but we really want to just build it to the point that everyone, including non-Africans, is looking at the site to learn about fashion or style or music from a different perspective.