WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Help for business project (Petfood Industry)

rrcstudentrrcstudent subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2011 in Startup Funding
Hi there. I need help with my college Entrepreneurship project. My project is performing a feasibility study on a hypothetical business idea. Our business idea is a line of organic pet food. We will not be our own manufacturer, but instead utilize the business of an existing pet food manufacturer. I have not heard back from this company about how much the typical costs are with using their business yet. We are also using organic farmers for our ingredients for our pet food.
I need help with estimating start up costs for this type of business. If anyone has experience in the pet food industry and you can give me a pretty clear picture on what is involved with start up and the costs, it would be very much appreciated! We also need to create a pro-forma balance sheet and I'm not quite sure what to include in that either (in this specific industry).
Please help with this if you can, ASAP!