WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Joint Venture

jpastorjpastor subscriber Posts: 1
edited July 2009 in Selecting a Business
Is it possible to own two separate business entities which consist a non profit and a for profit; and joint venture them together?

Comments

• Options
    jpastorjpastor subscriber Posts: 1
    I want to benefit from both structures such as:Non Profit:(Community Benefit with the assistance of the For Profit entity)Donation Fund RaisingCharityFunding- Grants, Federal, State, local, and other organizationsTax benefitsSurplus-Excess funds to reinvest in the companies growthPostage benefitsFor Profit:(Will provide assistance to the non profit more efficiently with the shared capabilities)Distribute earnings to
    owners,shareholders and/or reinvest in the company.
    By forming a Joint Venture Both entities will work in conjunction with each other to achieve the same objective with the benefit of combine resources, and capabilities.
    I currently own a for profit entity with three other partners and looking to branch off and create a new venture with more flexibility and creativity to surpass the economy.
    Thanks Epauley for your response.
     I`m looking forward to hear your inputs.