WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

New Web and Mobile App Startup

SportsFan324SportsFan324 subscriber Posts: 1
edited January 2013 in Business Planning
I am in the process of starting a sports fan website and mobile app, with a check-in feature, user-interaction, and sports news updates. I am fresh out of college with a degree in entrepreneurship and excited to get my first venture off the ground. I have been working on this project for several months and am finding out how little I know, and how different real world application is, compared to reading it in a textbook. As a young entrepreneur I want to gain as much knowledge, so I can avoid as many "first time mistakes" as possible. I was wondering what advice experienced entrepreneurs would have? Also if I want to approach experts in the industry I am going into, where is a great place to start? We have received start-up funding and have contracted a great U.S based developer. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments