WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Will HTML Web sites be Exctinct?

2»

Comments

• Options
    JoeJustinJoeJustin subscriber Posts: 1
    Craig,You are correct about what you are saying.  Libraries still exist, heck even a pencil and paper still exist and is used every day.  However, this dare I say it again, WEB 2.0 stuff is real.  It`s at the infancy stage right now.  Most people haven`t even heard the term and some that have don`t know what it means.  How many times have you heard people say they wish they would have bought microsoft stock ten years ago.  I have been in computers since the TRS80 days.  If only I would have bought Microsoft stock, 20 years ago.  If we can point folks in the right direction as to where the trends are going, isn`t it our duty as professionals to guide them in the right direction?
  • Options
    StephenStephen subscriber Posts: 0
    Having developed commercial Websites over the last 8 years, SEO it is constantly evolving.
    Here`s a timely article that may shed a few more thoughts on the topic:
    2704.aspx
  • Options
    JoeJustinJoeJustin subscriber Posts: 1
    Stephen,Great article.  I practice a lot of the mentioned techniques in the article.
  • Options
    Gypsy111Gypsy111 subscriber Posts: 0
    Blogs are a component of a website. A few have been successful with merely blogging. Still, a static website serves a purpose because FLASH styled sites are distracting at a minimum...  since so many are poorly done. A little FLASH goes a long way. My corp is presently producing alternative networking to fill the advertising gap in niche markets. More on that later. Bottom line: If you are relying on search engines for business...  think again! You gotta have search engine exposure (that`s easy!) ....  but the days of CPC and Search Engine Ad-programs have been history for awhile.
    I`ve been developing websites since 2001, even though it`s not my `trade` I viewed it as an evolution of a form of communication (Geddit?). Much, much, much has changed for those of us on the PC circuit since 1984 and on the alpha web from the early 90`s.
    Secret: What you learn today changes tomorrow. Best to tap into Tomorrowland and follow the Leader in Webdom. That`s not me of course, but I have connections here in the Silicon Valley.  LOL:)  Helps.
    Reseach...  is yoir secret weapon. Call that: Cat Out of the Bag:)
    Later kids....MJM  
  • Options
    avincoavinco subscriber Posts: 0
    Great this is the affectionate of things I was searching for.When I
    see association still advising changeless & beam websites it makes
    me cringe. I see it everyday. Small businesses advance money in to a
    changeless accumulated web site.
  • Options
    patioideaspatioideas subscriber Posts: 0
    I do agree with what you said, except the fact that I do believe that within a year, you will no longer see the static sites on the first page of any search engines.