WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

what care to taken during design phase of the website?

jineshjinesh subscriber Posts: 2
edited January 2009 in Business Planning
I am coming up with an educational portal providing various educational services. Currently portal is in design phase, where i need to decide the design considering the various services.  So please guide me what are the points to be considered while in design phase?

Comments

• Options
    JmesJmes subscriber Posts: 4
    Hi jinesh
    Its really hard to say at this time because you havn`t given us any examples of your services or any input at all besides the vague outline
    As a general note, I would simply recommend to:
    1. Place your most important services and pages in places where people would notice them the most
    2. Make your website easily and comfortably navigatable
    3. Make your pages short and to the point, just enough to attract attention and not too much to drive people away with big texts
    4. Put eye candies where you want people to go, but don`t overload the user with flashy graphics
    5. Build a site map
    6. Research and analyze your visitor`s behavior and the market your addressing to, learn from it and modify your website accordingly
    These are just general suggestions, to be more specific I`ll have to see it or know what its about
    Wish you the best of luck and success
    Jmes
  • Options
    jineshjinesh subscriber Posts: 2
    Hi Jmes,
                Thanks to share your expertise. Actually iam coming with an educational portal which will be one stop shop to decide your educational career.
               Fascilities comprises of right from
               1) IQ test to select the right career option,
               2) Course desciprtion and its future prospects,
               3) List of colleges,
               4) Admission eligibilty to each college,
               5) Coaching classes list,
               6) Entrance exam details,
               7) On line counceling
             TILL
               8)  Securing admission in the elligible college.
               etc.
    Target end user is students in the age of 18 to 25.

My portal idea has 25 various educational related services out which 30% are the most unique.
    So should i go step by step with thise ideas which are absolutely unique than existing ones?
    Thanks,
    jinesh

jinesh12/24/2008 3:43 AM
  • Options
    JmesJmes subscriber Posts: 4
    Jinesh, I didn`t really understand your question
    Can you please rephrase?
    Also, feel free to contact me through my email
    Jmes
  • Options
    WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    jinesh i think what you are asking is whether you should take it one at a time or launch it all togehter? the answer is that it depends on your capacity. is this your full time venture? are you equipped to launch everything? all of what you mentioned ties in very well together to make a comprehensive website. a one stop shop indeed like you said. go for it and let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    jackhararejackharare subscriber Posts: 0
    Trying to keep it simple, but also be sure we all get included on the conversation.The developmental stage is the point where the web site itself is created.Most developers now recognize that organized, valid code ensures maintainability and compatibility.
  • Options
    infinique3infinique3 subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    You have to make sure the site structure is in place. Preferably you should update the 301 redirect files and htaccess.