WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Direct Sales

jhendersonjhenderson subscriber Posts: 3
edited December 2006 in Marketing
Hi Everyone!First, let me introduce myself.  My name is Jordan Henderson, a young entrepreneur from Alexandria, Minnesota.  I wanted to share a few things about my company and our marketing strategies that have worked very well.  My partner and I started Moonstruck Candle Company last year, and officially launched recently in mid-October.  We sell premium soy/natural wax candles, and chose direct sales as the vehicle to market them.  There are a lot of skeptics of direct selling and mlm companies, however the few that can set themselves apart are the ones that reach the top.  One such company is Tastefully Simple, which is actually hq`d in Alexandria.  Being young, my partner Josh and I felt as though we could bring a fresh perspective, if you will, on the direct selling candle industry.  There are several successful candle companies already, but we felt most of them lacked design and simplicity.  This is where we found a niche.  We launched with 26 Founding Consultants, and currently, in less than a month`s time, have grown to 65 Independent Consultants!  Although forming a direct selling company is often much more difficult than a typical retail/wholesale establishment, the growth potential is almost unlimited.  Has anyone here considered or currently owns a direct selling company?  I`d be interested to hear your thoughts.  Also, any thoughts on young entrepreneurship or where on the forums would be a good place to discuss the topic?  Thanks everyone, I look forward to becoming an active member in the community!

Comments