WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

What are the exact steps in opening a liquor store?

heather22heather22 subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2008 in Business Planning
I was wondering if anyone had any information or suggestions on opening and successfully operating a liquor store in Tennessee. Currently, I am only at the idea stage. Please help me obtain a more thorough understanding of becoming an entrepreneur.

Comments

• Options
    robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    My first step would be to find out what is required (licenses, permits, etc) to operate this type of business is Tennessee. Contact the State liquor authority and local governments to find this info.

Then I would do a short "feasibility" analysis.
       List (on paper or spreadsheet) the major costs involved (rent, inventory, employees, etc) to:
             Start up
             operate monthly

This should help you determine the amount of revenue you will need to generate and the amount of startup capital that will be required.

With this info - you can begin to plan how to acquire this capital.

robertj11/16/2008 12:26 PM
  • Options
    RetiredMember5RetiredMember5 subscriber Posts: 0
    You should reference the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission at:  http://www.tennessee.gov/abc/ to determine which permits and licenses that you may need.  Such Commission is responsible for the enforcement and regulation of all phases of the alcoholic beverage industry in the State of Tennessee.

You may also want to reference Innoventum, Inc.`s free 60-page interactive step-by-step guide on how to start a business in today`s web 2.0 world.   Hope this helps.

• Options
    infiniqueinfinique subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    I would seriously recommend that anyone who wants to start a business should know the insides of the business before venturing out. You might want to work for a competitor to learn the ropes before starting out.