WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Subscription Model - Should I offer a free trial period?

RSGFSRSGFS subscriber Posts: 1
edited April 2007 in Marketing
Greetings: To increase sales on our website we are considering a "free trail period" offering. I would welcome anyones input as to if this is an effective way to get people to use your product and convert sales.We are a two year start-up new media company that powers up predictions in the fantasy sports industry. We offer forums, podcasts, blogs, articles and newsletters for free on our consumer sites, and have been charging/offering a subscription fee for access to our tools/applications . We are changing our pay model from a "pay one time annual fee for all or individual products and sports (menu style)" to a "all products & sports included for a low activation entry fee and pre-purchase either 1-3 or 6 month- monthly plan options. Again, I welcome anyones feedback/input.Kind Regards,Jeff

Comments