WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Hosting Company

redfishredfish subscriber Posts: 10
edited August 2014 in Website Critique
Hi,
My site isn`t finished - but I thought I`d get ideas so that I can improve as I build it rather than after I`m done!
I still have to go through some of the CSS and javscript to ensure cross-browser support (so if something looks wrong that`s probably why) but please do tell me if something`s wrong!!
Anyway.  I`d like your general impressions of my site.
Trustworthiness, if you`d be likely to buy (if you were looking for services), if it seems easy to operate and you have no difficulty signing up.
The site is for web hosting.  I`m a designer and I`ve been hosting tons of sites for sometime (I manage them all) but I thought I`d stretch into a new market since I`m very familiar with it already...
I`ve already got my servers purchased and some support staff hired -- I should be ready to launch in less than a month.
www.thewebaddresscompany.comredfish3/31/2009 2:49 AM

Comments

• WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    It looks like you want to use the "green" aspect", which is fine, but it might work more if you explain more what you do to be green, and why that`s better/different than other hosting companies.
    Every page has the same bullet list of features and the video file, and I don`t think it`s needed on every page front and center.
    Showing how your pricing compares to other well known hosting companies might be helpful.
  • redfishredfish subscriber Posts: 10
    Thanks webline.  I`ll integrate some of those ideas.  Most pages are just a copy of the main page.  I thought I`d get a little feedback so that I could integrate ideas now, rather than redesigning for or ignoring feedback later.
  • jumbopandajumbopanda subscriber Posts: 0
    The specials page is broken.  The site looks fine.  I think you should highlight what it is to be green, like webline said.  I think the url is way too long.  Hard to remember, easy to mix up.
  • redfishredfish subscriber Posts: 10
    Loren, that`s pretty harsh - considering I asked for feedback because I was building up the site and it was yet to be completed - that I asked for advice during construction rather than reconstruction.
    For your information green means:
    -50,000 trees planted - which equals the same as approximately 50,000 tonnes of carbon emissions off-set in the life of each tree (considering the average carbon footprint is 24 tonnes per person per year that covers our entire business operation for the next 200 years - including all of our employees personal footprint!)
    -we use Xeon processors, the most efficient processors in the world, which also have the advantage of allowing us to use 50% less HVAC than other firms
    -we are a paperless organization
    -all of our staff live close enough to work to walk, we are in the downtown, rather than an industrial area so that that is possible
    -we use VPS to share system resources without sacrificing system performance
    -we are working to use solar power to power our offices...
    But it`s nice to know you`ll continue using your throw-away cups and drive your 4x4 truck through the city in your cynisism.
    We`ve also worked to now be able to offer 100% uptime - period.  Not to mention the features which have not been listed on the site because - newsflash - it`s under construction.redfish4/3/2009 7:40 AM
  • vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    For your information green means:
    -50,000 trees planted - which equals the same as approximately 50,000 tonnes of carbon emissions off-set in the life of each tree (considering the average carbon footprint is 24 tonnes per person per year that covers our entire business operation for the next 200 years - including all of our employees personal footprint!)
    -we use Xeon processors, the most efficient processors in the world, which also have the advantage of allowing us to use 50% less HVAC than other firms
    -we are a paperless organization
    -all of our staff live close enough to work to walk, we are in the downtown, rather than an industrial area so that that is possible
    -we use VPS to share system resources without sacrificing system performance
    -we are working to use solar power to power our offices...

Very cool!
    ~Roland
  • sujith34sujith34 subscriber Posts: 0
    Congrats!! you have take a good effort to start your business..really i appreciate your work..i actually got hosting service from Thewebpole and hosted my domain..
  • smith360smith360 subscriber Posts: 1
    Basically, everyone tries to target the shared hosting market, takes a reseller hosting account with a big player such as GoDaddy, JustHost, FatCow, HostGator, LunarPages and the likes of them, and finds few clients to kick-off a web hosting business...
  • rachitgupta040rachitgupta040 subscriber Posts: 0
    There are many web hosting companies but we don't how can I trust those companies because in web hosting services we need more security . I know many hosting companies but according to me Go4Hosting is a reliable and trustable company for web hosting services. If you want to know some more information about this website check : http://www.go4hosting.net
  • johnmartin4johnmartin4 subscriber Posts: 0
    you give very much efforts for your business, definitely your idea is going to be success full. I also know one of the hosting company from where you buy server, They give 24*7 technical support also proved you data backup facilities. you can try http://computehost.com